Saturday, July 11, 2009

the birdcage... unveiled

I have been tossing and turning over birdcage veils for quite some time now, and after way too much time spent theorizing and planning, I decided to just do it! Made with fine Russian netting, it is attached by a handmade magnolia flower clip, that can be detached and worn separately. The magnolia flower clip is handsewn and made with a combination of dupioni silk, organza, french netting, Swarovski crystals, pearls, and soft pheasant feathers. This birdcage veil is feminine and delicate, all while exuding vintage glamour.

Many thanks to my gorgeous model, and dear friend Alison. She is such a beautiful person in so many ways, and I am extremely grateful to have her in my life. Though we were in the hot, gruelling sun, with my terrible photog skills(or lack thereof), she was so easy to work with! With so many great images, I'll have enough material to post for quite a while! She'll be a very familiar face on my blog. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment