Tuesday, July 28, 2009

grace and charm

I was very flattered when my sister asked me to make her jewelry and hair piece for her wedding. I wanted to make her something that exuded grace and charm; two characteristics she embodies beautifully. I knew I wanted to carry out the same beaded detailing from her dress, and I did so in the flower as well as the jewelry. The magnolia flower is lightly framed in an cluster of goose feathers, and made of a combination of dupioni silk, french netting, and organza to give added texture, while the center is composed of various sized Swarovski crystals, and pearls. For the earrings I used Swarovski crystal tear drops as the base and a medley of different sized pearls and crystals that trickled along the chain.

Photo credit: Jerry Yoon

No comments:

Post a Comment