Saturday, July 11, 2009

in full bloom

One of the most satisfying things about doing what I do, is knowing that I helped create something special for the biggest day in two people's lives. Another very exciting part is getting to see all the pictures from the big day, including images of my hard work!

For Chris and Eileen's big day, I created a pillow delicate and beautiful enough to honor the sacred values that the rings symbolize. With a lily centered on the pillow, it represents a marriage that grows with time, patience, and nurture, and eventually blooms into something unique and special.

Since their wedding colors were sage and ivory, I decided on a soft, ivory, faux suede fabric for the lily petals, and a rich, sage, silk dupioni for the base.

Photo credit: Garvin Tso

No comments:

Post a Comment